About Colorado Driver Safety Institute
Why was the program founded? What is your mission?
CDSI was founded as a division of Driver Safety Consultants, Inc. in December of 2017. However DSC was opened in May of 2000. Our mission is simple. If we can help save even one life, our job is worth every hour spent teaching people how to drive safely. We dedicate our business to Melissa Antkow, the founder's daughter, who tragically died in a automobile crash at the hands of an inexperienced 16 year old novice driver on December 22, 1999. Read our full dedication to Melissa.
Does the completion of the program entitle the graduate to insurance discounts after they receive their driver's license?
Most reputable Insurance companies offer some type of discount for formal driver education as an incentive for parents to send their children through a professional driving school. The best discounts are from those companies that use State Approved Driver Education Curriculua as a baseline. We are proud at CDSI to offer all State Approved Programs. Check with you agent to make sure.
How do I know my credit card number will be safe?
We take every precaution to ensure that your personal data, including credit card information, is as secure as it can be. Our site utilizes Secure Socket Layer technology on all pages where personal information is requested. This encryption technology prevents anyone from using your personal data if intercepted. For the highest level of safety, your credit card information is not stored after the transaction is complete.
How do I cancel a student registration?
All deposit payments to our school are nonrefundable, however they can be applied to another course if desired. If a situation arises in which you need to cancel your student's registration, please call our office and speak to a staff member for more information.
What are the "Terms of Service" agreed to upon enrollment?
This constitutes the entire agreement between Driver Safety Consultants and the student. No verbal statement or promises will be recognized. Driver Safety Consultants will not refund any tuition or part of tuition if the school is ready, willing and able to fulfill its part of the agreement.
- Text books must be returned or full cost to replace text remitted prior to receiving completion slip.
- Students must have valid instruction permit in their possession at each driving session.
- There will be a fee added for all no show/late cancellations for behind the wheel appointments.
- Reissue of any previous Documents or Certificates of Completion provided by Driver Safety Consultants, will require a $10.00 fee to be paid by the client. ALL reissues will be sent via email.
- Prior to obtaining a Permit or attending a (4) hour Permit Qualification Class, known as (EDAP), ALL students MUST register with the DMV at: Mydmv.colorado.gov and obtain a "pre-registration code". This code MUST be copied and presented to Driver Safety Consultants and recorded in the Student Profile BEFORE any testing or training can be undertaken. Students with a Permit are automatically entered into the State System under their "Customer I.D."That I.D. MUST be entered into the system by the student.
- Students must have a valid instruction permit in their possession at each driving session.
- There will be a fee incurred for all no show/late cancellations of behind the wheel appointments. ( PLEASE REFERENCE THE FULL DETAILS BELOW):
- STUDENTS/CLIENTS WHO FAIL TO PROVIDE AT LEAST A (24) HOUR NOTICE PRIOR TO ANY SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TO CANCEL, DIRECTLY TO, AND ACKNOWLEGED BY THE OWNER, WILL BE ASSESSED A $50.00 CHARGE known as a: (NO SHOW LATE CANCELLATION FEE). THAT CHARGE MUST BE PAID BEFORE ANY FURTHER APPOINTMENTS OR DRIVING SESSIONS TIMES WILL BE HONORED. In the event of any "Special Circumstances" that are discussed and approved by the owner, this fee may be reduced or waived.
- ALL scheduled appointments will begin and end on time or only modified by the Instructor.
- ALL driving times and classroom hours MUST be scheduled and completed within (120) days from the date of enrollment. Any unused drivetime or classroom hours may be forfeited unless prior arrangements have been approved with the DSC management. Client understands that no prorated tuitions or refunds will be granted for unused time.
What age can I get my permit?
In Colorado the minimum age is 15 years old. However, there are some rules and classroom requirements involved. Please contact our qualified enrollment counselors or search our site further for the link to the Colorado Driver License Handbook listed on the resource page.
Does the school offer "one-on-one" behind-the-wheel instruction, tailored to the individual student?
We firmly believe that the best in-car training approach is the "personalized" one. This guarantees that the training is designed to fit the student's learning skills and aptitude. Schools that use a cookie cutter approach are acting in the best interest of the school and not the individual needs of the student. ALL of our in-car instructors are thoroughly vetted by management and must pass rigorous background screenings by our company and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Our school is licensed and bonded under the Colorado Department of Revenue Driver License Compliance Unit. Most of our training staff are mature adults and come from former law enforcement, military, or teaching backgrounds. That's why at CDSI, we truly believe that "No one cares more, no one trains better"!
How long has the school offered "individual" behind the wheel training with the emphasis on defensive tactics on the road?
CDSI was founded in December of 2017 as a division of Driver Safety Consultants, Inc which has been in operation since May of 2000. Both DSC and CDSI has offered "one on one" behind the wheel training and instruction since "day one". The founder and president of the school, Thomas Antkow, has been active in the driver education field since February of 1973. No other driving school in the State of Colorado has a more experienced or dedicated owner. Please feel free to visit the "about us" page for a full bio.